ProForm 750R Rower Review – 2020
The ProForm 750R is a great in-home rower that offers many of the features found on more expensive rowers at a lower price point. The 750R features a 5” high-contrast display console, but it also has a tablet holder with adjustable clip that lifts out of the top of the console to hold an iFit compatible tablet. This makes it so the rower functions with either a simple screen for those who don’t want extra tech; or it doubles as a tech-enabled rower complete with all the iFit functionality via the tablet. (Tablet is not included.) Ergonomically the 750R is a well-designed and comfortable rower and it is well priced to boot! Currently, ProForm is offering a special where if buyers purchase an iFit subscription for 3 years, the 750R rower comes free. Since we think most buyers would want to use iFit anyway, this seems like a great deal for sure!
Who It’s For: Users who want a rower with tech-functionality options that you don’t have to pay for right out of the gate.
The ProForm 750R is designed for users who want a rowing machine that has:
- A simple console that is easy to see and use
- Tablet holder with adjustable clip
- iFit compatible software that syncs data between the rower and the iFit app on your tablet
- Comfortable seat and smooth track motion
- Wide ergonomic pedals
- Soft grip handle
- Folding Design
- Has an integrated tablet holder that allows the machine to sync with iFit app via your personal tablet
- Also functions as a simple rower with great high-contrast display that doesn’t require wifi
- Handlebar pull strap is 90” long so you have plenty of length for a full rowing drive
- Folds up when not in use
- Low profile
- Sits low to the ground and may be difficult for some users to get on and off
- Doesn’t have fans or cup holders
- iFit® Enabled, 3-Year Membership Included
- iFit allows you to engage in a whole new workout experience as certified personal trainers take your exercise all around the world! The automated resistance makes it easy to just go and row! The machine will automatically adjust for you per the route or trainer’s cues.
- 5” High-Contrast Display
- The clear 5” high-contrast displays strokes, time, distance, calories burned, and resistance stats. Also, the console is vertically adjustable to give users of all heights the perfect viewing angle.
- Ergonomic, Molded Seat with Oversized, Steel Seat Rail
- The seat is gently padded for comfort and the rail is engineered with steel to keep you going strong all workout long.
- Multi-Position, Adjustable Handlebars
- Ergonomically designed for comfort, the soft touch handlebars cut down on fatigue so you can row longer. A 90” pull strap lets you pull back as far as you need without stopping short.
- Oversized Pivoting Pedals with Adjustable Nylon Foot Straps
- Designed to keep your feet in place, these pedals are built to increase stability with adjustable foot straps that hold you throughout your entire workout.
- Inertia-Enhanced Flywheel
- The inertia-enhanced flywheel uses a faster gear ratio and effective weight placement to deliver a more natural rowing experience.
- SpaceSaver® Design
- The 750R was designed and engineered with your living space in mind. The 750R was built with a unique SpaceSaver® Design that allows it to simply fold up for a much smaller footprint. Just lift the handle and the machine will collapse into itself.
- Integrated Tablet Holder
- This tablet holder clamps down on your tablet to keep it secure and conveniently close so you have easy access to your personal trainers through the iFit app.
- Aux Port in Console
- The included audio auxiliary port allows you to listen to your entertainment at a higher volume. Built with dual 2-inch speakers, you’ll be able to hear your trainers with less complication.
In-depth Review of ProForm 750R
- The ProForm 750R is a comfortable rower with a folding frame that reduces its footprint by folding in half when not in use. The steel seat rail is sturdy and supportive and the seat slides smoothly back and forth during your drive and release. Ergonomic pedals and sturdy footboards support a healthy drive while nylon straps keep feet securely in the pedals. This rower feels nice in use and is a great way to strengthen all the major muscle groups in your body!
- Total Footprint: 22” Width x 86.5” Depth x 45.5” Height
- Rower Weight: 116lbs
- Max User Weight 250 lbs
Foot Board & Pedals
- The wide pedals have a ledge around the base and edges to support good foot position. Wide, nylon straps with velcro overlay holds the user’s shoe snugly in the pedal. These pedals will work for pretty much any size shoe. A gentle checker-pattern texture on the pedal surface provides a bit of traction so your shoe stays still and doesn’t slide along the pedal surface.
- We love the pivoting motion in the pedal which allows just a bit of flexion through the ankle to reduce knee and ankle tension.
- The footboard feels solid underneath the pedal overlay and supports a healthy drive through the legs and back.
- The ProForm 750R handle is gently cushioned for a comfortable hold. We’ve read reviews that indicate the handle is too narrow for some users, however it worked great for us. Since the console sits up above the flywheel, the catch and flywheel are slightly lower on the 750R than on comparable rowers. This requires a bit more forward lean at the catch and may not be an ideal set up for users
- The molded seat is slightly cushioned and has a few superficial contour lines. It isn’t very large nor is it very contoured, but it does slide smoothly up and down the track. This seat may be too small for larger users, but the 750R only supports 250 pounds, so it will probably work fine for anyone in this weight range.
- The flywheel on the ProForm 750R is inertia-enhanced and geared for a smooth drive. When resistance is high the tension holds the nylon cord tight so there is no floppiness in the recovery.
- 24 Digital Resistance Levels
Magnetic resistance is silent, so you can use the 750R rower at any time of day or night without disturbing those around you. There is a bit of air flow noise, but this is just a bit of a “whirring” sound. The digital resistance is nice because you can find the same amount of resistance at each level for consistency.
- 5” High-Contrast Display
The ProForm 750R console is very simple. The display screen shows you:
- Strokes per minute
- Total Strokes
- Console Layout
The high-contrast screen sits in the middle of the console with workouts on either side. The right side features Calorie Workouts, listed from 1-10 in red. The left side shows Watts Workouts from 1-10 in yellow. Below the screen buttons allow you to select either a Calorie or Watt workout. You can also reset the metrics and display different stats if desired. Two large buttons with a – and + at the bottom of the console scroll through resistance levels. There are also smaller buttons to adjust volume if you plug your music in via the Aux-In port.
- Tablet Holder
- At the top of the console, a tablet holder lifts out with an adjustable clip to hold your personal tablet securely. From here, you can watch a program or read a book on your tablet — or you can download and use iFit via the iFit Coach app. This app will sync with your 750R rower to show various iFit rowing classes and outdoor routes.
- Storage/Fans/Cup Holders
There are no fans, storage or cup holders on the 750R. Since the console sits so low to the ground, it is easy to set items to the side, such as a phone or water bottle. These could be placed on the floor alongside the rower and within easy reach.
- The ProForm 750R is exceptionally quiet when rowing. The seat glides silently up and down the track and the flywheel makes minimal noise. There is the typical “rowing” noise from the cord moving in and out of the console unit, but this is subtle. The only real noise on the 750R occurs when you change resistance levels. The manual dial “clicks” to indicate each resistance level and this clicking is slightly noisy.
Storage / Folding
- The ProForm 750R folds up when not in use. The rower folds up by hinging in the middle. Remove the pins that secure the track and then lift the base of the track up to reduce floor space when not in use. This is another handy feature on the ProForm 750R.
20 Pre-programmed workouts
10 Calorie workouts and 10 Watts workouts line the console for easy selection. You can toggle through options using the buttons on the bottom of the console.
iFit will sync with your rower if you use an iFit compatible tablet and download the iFit Coach app. This opens up your options tremendously as iFit contains hundreds of classes and content that can be used on or off the rower. In addition to studio based classes that give excellent instruction on rowing form, outdoor routes are filmed all over the world in some of the most beautiful waters. You can row as if you were gliding along the Thames river in London or take a leisurely ride around a placid lake in New Zealand. iFit opens up your training options significantly.
- Studio Rowing Classes: These classes are filmed in a studio with a trainer on a rower in front of you and other participants rowing alongside. Trainers are excellent at cueing form since it can be easy to develop sloppy form when rowing. The resistance is automated, so it will automatically adjust to whatever the trainer is doing.
- Outdoor Routes all over the world: This is where iFit excels. No other program can compete with the extensive iFit outdoor content. You can choose courses from rivers all over the world. You see the perspective of the rowing trainer with an occasional drone shot or overhead view of the water.